Connecting and disconnecting your box account¶
Connecting your Box account¶
To create a new application, log into your Box developer console (https://app.box.com/developers/services) and select Create New app.
Choose Custom App and click **Next*.
Select Server Authentication (with JWT), enter a name for the Coro app in App Name, then select Create app.
Configuring the Coro Application¶
- In your newly created Coro application, switch to the Configuration tab.
- In the App Access Level section, select App + Enterprise Access.
- In the Application Scopes section, and set the following permissions:
- Within Content Actions, leave all settings as their default values (only Read all files and folders stored in Box is enabled).
- Within Administrative Actions and Developer Actions, enable all settings.
- In the Advanced Features section, enable all settings.
- Select Save changes at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to the Add and Manage Public Keys section and select Generate a Public/Private Keypair.
You are required to confirm this operation through 2FA (two-factor-authentication).
Save the configuration file that has been downloaded - this file is used later in the Coro console as a configuration file
Select OK to close the dialog
Select Save changes.
- Switch to the Authorization tab and select Review and Submit.
- In the Review App Authorization Submission dialog, review the presented App details and select Submit.
- Select Back to My Account at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Select Admin Console at the bottom-left corner of the screen to navigate to your Box admin console.
- Select Apps from the side menu, then switch to the Custom Apps Manager tab.
- Find the record of your newly created Coro app, select the adjacent 3-dots context menu, then select Authorize App.
In the Authorize App dialog, check the information is correct and select Authorize.
Uploading the app configuration file to Coro¶
- Access your Coro console.
- Navigate to Control Panel > Cloud applications.
- Locate Box from the list of supported applications and select Connect.
- Provide the location of the configuration file you downloaded in stage 2 and select Confirm to upload the file to your Coro workspace.
Your Box account should now be connected and protected with Coro.
Disconnecting your Box account¶
To disconnect Box from Coro protection:
From Control Panel > Cloud apps, select the 3-dot action menu adjacent to the Box logo, and then select Disconnect.
A confirmation dialogue is displayed. Select YES, DISCONNECT.
Box is now disconnected from Coro protection.